I am a highly technical SEO specialist with extensive commercial experience and a passion for data. My experience has grown and evolved with the industry throughout the past 15 years following an early career as a web developer. It is this practical development experience which underpins my digital marketing knowledge providing me with a unique skillset.
I currently hold the position of Senior SEO Manager at Leeds based Baird Group, responsible for the organic strategy across key group sites including bensherman.co.uk, suitdirect.co.uk and jeffbanks.co.uk.
SEO is a highly dynamic channel where SERP evolution, algorithm updates and shifts in user behaviour require constant re-evaluation of processes, tactics and the use of data. My role focuses on placing Baird Group sites at the forefront of such developments to ensure the effective delivery of organic performance growth.
Knowledge and skills
- SEO mentorship and training
- Onsite and off-site SEO audits / insight
- Competitor and market analysis research
- Keyword research
- Technical strategy
- Performance optimisation
- On-page content creation
- Rich media asset creation / optimisation
- Migration consultancy and support
- Link profile analysis
- Disavow file preparation / submission
- Link earning utilising most appropriate techniques to avoid risk and potential penalty
- Installation of site tracking solutions (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- Organic performance analysis / reporting (Google Data Studio)
Senior SEO Manager – Baird Group (Feb 2022 – Current)
Search Innovations Manager – twentysix (November 2019 – Feb 2022)
Technical SEO Manager – twentysix (October 2013 – November 2019)
SEO Analyst / Senior SEO Analyst – twentysix (June 2010 – October 2013)
Internet Marketing Consultant – Attercopia (January 2009 – June 2010)
Assistant Web Editor – The University of Huddersfield (June 2004 – Sptember 2007)